Thursday, June 10, 2010

This is a fantasy world… we’re just living in it

Hi everyone. My name is Sophia Scorcia. I am here writing about how much I love and am obsessed with fantasy. There are many reasons why I love fantasy, and I am sharing them with you for a school reading “project”. My thoughts about the best genre out there will be on this blog, right here, right now.

Here is one of the reasons why I love fantasy:

Anything can happen. You could be reading about a totally normal scenario like being in a super market, and then all of a sudden, a fairy flies in through the window and captures five employees. Sounds absurd and totally out of the question, but for fantasy, that’s normal.

Another reason I love fantasy is the characters. Anything can happen to them, or the characters can turn out to be something you never expected. For example, there could be a character that is a normal B student, a blogger, a dancer, and a vampire by night. That would be fine.

There’s this book called Artemis Fowl. In this book, there are so many good characters it’s insane. Artemis is a teenage genius, and is completely formal. Butler, his bodyguard, is almost seven feet tall, and extremely strong. Juliet, Butler’s sister, is a teenage girl who is completely fascinated by wrestling, and turns out to be a wrestler with a stage name of Jade Princess. Captain Holly Short is an elf that works in the LEP, or LEPrechaun unit. Mulch Diggums is a Dwarf who is almost too hilarious. Foaly is a centaur and a genius. Do you see what I’m getting at? Fantasy books have the best characters because they are no where near normal.

Thanks for reading. If it wasn’t the best blog you’ve ever read, don’t be mad at my “blogging” skills. I just started.

No comments:

Post a Comment