Monday, June 14, 2010

Midnight Quidditch

Here I am again.

There are a few things I need to comment on today. One, I highly recommend anyone to start a blog. Two, start reading fantasy if you haven’t already.

Have you ever had a dream about a book? Have you had multiple dreams about a book? I have had more than multiple dreams about books, those books in particular being the Harry Potter series. After reading that series, more than half of my dreams included Harry Potter, and some other outstanding character from those books. Some of those dreams had nothing whatsoever to do with the book, but they were still satisfying.

Harry Potter left me crying, laughing, and shocked. When I finished the seventh one, I couldn’t even look back at the book because it made me want to read it again, and almost cry because I finished it. It also left me fuming at J.K. Rowling for killing off all the best characters such as:

Serious Black, Lupin, Tonks, Fred, Dumbledore, Snape, Hedwig, Moody, and Cedric Diggory.

Personally, I don’t get what the point of killing off the main characters was, but maybe in her head, it made sense. She had all the right in the world to do that, but why? Was she not happy with her character creations? Did she think the best way to end a series was to kill good characters? Who knows what was circulating in her mind. All I know is, no matter who died, Harry Potter changed my life.

Once you read a well-written fantasy book, it usually surprises you about how much you want that situation to be real. For me, I would totally die to meet the Cullens from the Twilight series, and would beam if I could go to Hogwarts. Sadly, I know it’s not real because I’m 11, and I haven’t received my Hogwarts letter. I’d have to say that’s my favorite aspect of fantasy. You find yourself closing your book, and wanting to check the sky for midnight quidditch players.

Oh, one more suggestion for you. Incase you haven’t noticed, I love Harry Potter. Follow my example, and READ THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment