Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Realistic Fiction, I think NOT!

Be honest with me. In what other genre are you going to find a French girl tracking down demons, an elf hunting down a pixie fish smuggler, and a dwarf tunneling through the earth recycling it through his rear end as he goes? Realistic fiction? I don’t think so. Although, please let me know if you ever find a realistic fiction book like that. I’d want to read it.

In case your wondering what genre I’m talking about, I’ll let you know. I’m talking about fantasy. Surprising, I think not. If you are wondering what book could possibly have a French girl, an elf, a pixie fish smuggler, and a dwarf all in the same story line, the answer is Artemis Fowl. There are six books in this wonderful series, and the one I’m referring to at this moment is Artemis Fowl the Lost Colony, or in amateur terms, the fifth one. In my first blog, I introduced some of the most important characters, such as Artemis, Butler, Juliet, Holly, Foaly, Mulch, etc. But there is one character that I’m totally appalled that I didn’t mention the first time. Her name is Opal Koboi. She is a hilarious narcissistic pixie who just so happens to be an evil genius.

There is one hilarious part in the fourth Artemis Fowl where she is yelling at her two employees, Mervell and Scant Brill for staring at her. She claimed it was bad for her skin. She has many rules one being never looking her in the eye, always bow after you talk to her, don’t think too loudly, and above all, NEVER pass wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment